Our client, a highly esteemed Asset Management firm with offices located downtown, seeks a strong Python developer to work within an existing systematic trading team. This exciting role will be responsible for researching and building systematic trading models applied to global equities (holding periods vary from a few minutes to a several weeks).
The candidate’s primary responsibilities will include building and maintaining a simulation environment and a real-time engine to both backtest and trade global equities using existing optimization and execution tools.
- Several years of experience building simulation and real-time engines for backtesting and trading global equities
- Strong programming background in data structures, concurrent / multithreaded systems, Python and R. Functional knowledge of C++ is a nice to have.
- Strong understanding of algorithms and ability to write efficient and well organized code
- Good understanding of convex optimization and statistics
- Strong problem solving and communication skills